Sea fishing is significantly different from usual, starting from the object of fishing and ending with the selection of gear. The diversity of marine inhabitants makes fishing a fascinating and exciting activity. Fishing in seawater requires certain skills and even professional anglers can fail.
Features of sea fishing
Fishing at sea can be combined with a vacation. While the rest of the family is sunbathing on the beach, you can do your favorite thing. It is recommended to study the species of marine fish of the region to which you are traveling, as well as familiarize yourself with methods of fishing, eating habits, etc. The best time for sea fishing is summer, August, when the weather is more stable and nothing will stop you from enjoying the process.
Fishing in sea waters has its own characteristics and nuances, which you need to familiarize yourself with before it even begins.
- Marine life is always fighting for life and looking for food. This explains the great activity of fish in contrast to freshwater individuals.
- The decrease in activity in fish occurs with changing weather conditions, they do not respond to the bait, focusing their attention on the search for shelter.
- There is no point fishing during a storm. In bad weather, the fish swims far from the coast or lies at the bottom.
- Casting bait should be distant and aimed.
- The best time for fishing is after a storm. Then the fish is hungry and will certainly bite on the bait.
- Winter fishing is carried away from the coast, on stable ice, in calm weather.
- Fishing from the shore is less effective, it is better to hunt from a boat or boat.
From these rules, one conclusion follows: fishing in the sea is different conditions, equipment and equipment than in fresh water.
Having settled on the shore, use hard rods and artificial baits. In the heat, the fish bite poorly, but if this happens, there is every chance of catching a large individual.
Equipment for sea fishing
The choice of gear for sea fishing is the most important task before setting off to fish at sea from the shore or from a boat. The outcome of the whole process depends on how correctly the inventory is selected. The range of marine gear is divided into two groups: for the coast and for the ship. No matter where fishing, fishing rods, hooks, wobblers and the rest of the equipment will be resistant to salt water.
First of all, the fishing rod should be powerful, withstand casting over long distances and large prey. If you are new to this type of fishing, then first, practice with a regular float fishing rod. But there are certain rules for her choice: structural strength, equipment, strong hooks and thick fishing line.
If you are an experienced fisherman or consider yourself as such, choose spinning. This is a universal tool used in sea fishing. The length of the rod on average should be 4 m with rings larger than standard and resistant to corrosion. For fishing from a boat, you can pick up smaller gear, 2-2.5 meters.If you are an experienced fisherman - choose a spinning rod for sea fishing
Fishing shops sell spinning reels for sea fishing with rings or rollers. Mostly roller options are preferred, since wear of the used braid is reduced due to reduced friction. But, as practice and reviews of experienced fishermen show, modern rings also do not negatively affect the fishing line. Salt water will act as a lubricant to reduce friction. Spinning rods for sea fishing can be single-part, two-part and four-part.
Another effective way is to catch a tyrant. This fishing tackle is used both for hunting in fresh water reservoirs and for sea waters. Samodur perfectly copes with his duties at shallow depths in coastal waters. Such tackle is made with one's own hand or is bought ready-made. Execution options can be with one or several hooks. Mounting is carried out on discharge floods. There are two kinds of tyrants: playing and noticeable. They differ in that it is good to fish with the first one in sunny weather, when there are a lot of glare on the water. The second is more suitable for fishing at night.
Bottom fishing is possible with a feeder or a simple fishing rod, equipped with a reel for sea fishing, fishing line, hooks, sinker. This method is suitable for fishing from the shore, boat or pier.
The telescopic type of fishing rod is suitable for fishing from rocks, as allows you to cast bait over long distances.
The reel is an important component in sea fishing. There are three types: inertial, inertialess and multiplier. Knowing the characteristics of each of them, you can choose the right one.
- Inertialess. The simplest open type, suitable for any fishing. The only thing is, look at the materials of manufacture. It is advisable to choose those that are designed for salt water. Typically, the manufacturer marks them with a special mark.
- Inertial. Inexpensive devices with easy care, but without the braking mechanism of the fishing line, so this process will have to be done with a finger.
- Multiplier. Expensive pleasure, but the highest quality. All reels of this type are designed for sea fishing. Some models have a fishing line counter, although it is not required. Multiplier reels for sea fishing perform the same casts as inertialess, but cost several times more.
It does not matter which reel for sea fishing you choose, the main thing is that it has a sturdy construction and high-quality fishing line laying.
Cords and fishing lines
The fishing line has special requirements. It should be as durable as possible against abrasion against stones, piers, shells, etc. There are many options for living with several layers on sale. The more of them, the better and more reliable fishing line. Optimum fishing line for sea fishing should be from 05 to 0.9 mm in diameter and withstand weight of at least 50 kg. Nylon fishing lines, synthetic (dacron), cords and cords are popular with marine anglers. Their characteristics are as follows:
- nylon thread - inexpensive and strong, has a high resistance not to break, but is weak at the nodes. It also loses part of its strength while in water. In very hot weather, its tensile strength also decreases. Nylon fishing lines are sold both transparent and colored. There are fluorescent ones that are good to use when fishing from a moving boat;
- Dacron fishing line - the plexus resembles a hollow pipe. Elongation of not more than 10%, stronger in the nodes and has better tensile strength, compared with the nylon type;
- cord - single and multicore options are distinguished, as well as with a lead core. Can be with or without nylon coating. The single-core type is used in spinning or deep-sea fishing. It has good resistance to flow, but can easily break if a loop is formed on the coil. The stranded type is used for fishing with a downrigger. A core type is a braid in which a lead core is placed. Used for deep-sea trolling.
When choosing a fishing line for sea fishing, ask the sellers which one is best for you to choose for a particular area, type of fish and type of fishing.
Remember that the right bait is just as important as the tackle and fishing line. Whether successful fishing or not will depend on this. Focus on the species of fish that live in the place of fishing and the type of fishing. Used such bait as:
- wobblers, very popular for fishing from the shore. For deep sea fishing in the sea, crackers are used to lift fish from the bottom;
- pilkers are small but heavy. Demanded in a strong wind, when you need to throw the bait in a certain place;
- jig lures are the cheapest. They come in the form of silicone twisters, vibro-tails, foam fish;
- swinging baits - a universal type of bait, suitable for fishing on the coast, from a boat, pier, rock, etc.
You can use any of the above types as bait, but remember the place of fishing and the types of fish.
Bait and bait for sea fishing
The choice of bait for fishing at sea acts on the principle that the larger it is, the larger the fish should peck. Most marine animals are guided by their sense of smell during biting. Therefore, if there is no bite for a long time, it is better to change the bait to a new one, because the old one could be weathered. Fix the bait on the hook qualitatively. Thus, the effect of naturalness is achieved. What types of bait exist:
- sea worms are used when fishing for donkeys, floats and other gear. You can find them in minks in shallow areas of the sea, where the bottom is covered with black silt. After collecting the worms, they are stored in a jar of algae;
- ordinary, earthworms are used for catching a bull-calf, barbuli, etc .;
- shrimp suitable for donkey or float equipment. When fishing with spinning or trolling, the shrimp is planted as an addition to the artificial attachment. Depending on the size of the fish, only the shrimp’s neck or the whole carcass is planted on the hook, maybe even several pieces at once. You need to take only fresh, translucent shrimp;
- mussels are bait for most fish species. It is recommended to open the shells before fishing and leave to dry in the shade. Thus, the meat will gain elasticity, and will not jump off the hook. Mussels are used for bottom gear and float;
- live bait in the form of a small hamsa, sprat, sprats is suitable for catching predatory fish.
Using bait, you can draw a fish to a boat or shore. For fishing from the side, small fish cut into pieces, canned dog food and other edible bait, which will interest large carnivorous fish, are used. Food is placed in a small bag, a jar, a net and lowered downstream below the waterline. Feeling the smell, the fish itself will come to you. This bait can be used when fishing a bull from a pier or rock.
Rules for cutting and catching
Cutting is performed at the moment when the fish swallows the bait. Cutting, you put it on a hook and fish out of the water. The technique of carrying out the sweep depends on the type of bait: natural or artificial.
When fishing on artificial bait, hooking should be performed immediately after biting, otherwise the fish will understand that it was deceived, spit out the bait and leave. Move back and forth to prevent the line from breaking. Gradually pull the fish towards you, keeping the thread tension and the angle of the rod. If the fish makes a dive, let it pull the fishing line toward you, having previously adjusted the reel brake according to the tension of the line break. As soon as the fish appears on the surface of the water, pull it out with a fishing rod or, if a large individual is caught, using a net.
What will be a plus for sea fishing
In addition to the necessary equipment and the right bait, you can take advantage of additional bonuses. The set for sea fishing can be understaffed with various supports, flashlights, hooks, cages, depth gauges, etc. Special attention should be paid to echo sounders and small boats.
Sea echo sounders are designed to determine the depth, topography of the bottom, the presence of foreign objects and, of course, fish. Devices are installed on board boats, yachts, boats. Their large rotation angle allows you to find out about the location of the fish anywhere around you. Also, some manufacturers produce coastal devices that allow you to scan the water column up to 50 m.Sounder for sea fishing
These include boats, small boats, for mass fishing you can take a boat. Special fishing boats are equipped with compartments for tackle, comfortable seats, echo sounders, sun awnings. Using this technique, fishing turns into a pleasure with comfortable conditions. Some models are equipped with a motor for trolling, ladders for diving, a trailing device for water skiing. Small boats can be used for any pitchfork.
If you have not tried sea fishing, we advise you not to waste time and join the number of lovers of sea adventures.