Preparation for the trip in the first place should begin with the selection of a wardrobe. There is only one rule here - clothes for going to the forest or mountains should be practical and comfortable, and then beautiful and stylish. The choice of tourist things is not as simple as it seems at first glance, and requires certain knowledge.
Classification of clothes depending on the natural location and season
Fans of hiking do not change their hobbies either in winter or in summer. The climatic conditions of the place where the outing is planned dictates the rules for choosing the appropriate equipment. You need to dress depending on the time of the year, and also take into account the location of the natural region. All models are divided into summer, winter and off-season.
Winter hiking clothes
The name speaks for itself. For cold, high humidity, strong wind and frost, clothes are selected that can cope with all these natural phenomena, but at the same time not hamper the tourist's movements, not force him to sweat or feel any other discomfort. For winter uniforms put forward special requirements. In harsh conditions, ordinary, at first glance, things will help to survive and maintain health. Clothing in the forest should have the following qualities:
- a light weight;
Many manufacturers offer tourists a large assortment of winter clothes for hiking in the forest and mountains. Its design and variety of models allows you to feel not only comfortable, but also fashionable.
Clothing for camping in the summer
Outfit for the summer is more versatile. Although this is a time of hot sunny days, no one canceled the rains. Clothing for summer, like winter clothes, should protect a person from weather manifestations, but at the same time not hamper movements. When choosing things for the summer, consider the following characteristics:
- ability to repel sunlight;
- natural fabrics or quick-drying synthetics;
- quick drying;
A prerequisite - summer things for relaxation should protect not only from the sun, but also various insects that live in large numbers in the forest.
Off season clothing
It includes equipment for spring and autumn. The difficulty of choosing is that in the offseason it is difficult to guess what weather nature will offer. Today the sun is shining, and tomorrow it is raining and the wind has risen. Such instability requires a careful approach to choosing clothes for the spring-autumn season. Regardless of the location, the backpack should have open and closed items.Clothing for hiking in the forest should not be open, unless it is a forest glade or mountain plain.
Remember that the forest has its own life and inhabitants. A closed T-shirt or windbreaker, long trousers, better tucked in socks, are useful in those natural areas in which poisonous plants, ticks, snakes, spiders and other forest "troubles" live.
An open form of clothing is suitable for places where you will not be in danger. It can be a forest glade, mountain plain, steppe, etc.
Criteria for choosing clothes for camping
Shopping in search of tourist clothes can take a lot of time if you do not know what exactly you need to look for. There are some selection criteria that will help you quickly figure out a large assortment.
- Type of fabric. Some inexperienced tourists mistakenly believe that things should certainly be from natural compounds. This statement is not entirely true. From cotton or linen should be those that are in direct contact with the body, and outerwear is better to choose from synthetic materials. She better protect from the weather.
- Multi-ball. Weather conditions can change several times a day. In the morning, fog and high humidity are not excluded in the forest, it gets hot by noon, and the evening will bring cold. Given these changes, it’s better to pick up a few subtle things and wear them, depending on the situation, than to buy one sweatshirt and not know what to do with it later. Three or four easy things will also save if in the campaign one set is dirty, tears, in general, will become worthless.
- Weight. Going into the forest for several days, keep in mind that things, food and tools should be taken in the appropriate amount. You should not burden a backpack with too heavy clothes, because you have to carry it on your own shoulders.
- The interaction of tissues with each other. A high-quality jacket will not fulfill its functions in full if there is an ordinary home T-shirt and a woolen sweater under it.
- Colour. Most people think that only dark clothes are suitable for a forest trip. It is practical and less dirty. Such properties of things are good, but not for the forest. Professional tourists know that it is better to put on white things, well, or in light shades, in a hike. It’s better to have some bright elements on them. They will help you find you faster in case of loss in the thickets. Another plus of light shades - insects, for example, a tick, are better visible on them.
These simple rules for remembering will help you quickly, and most importantly, correctly understand the question of what to wear in the forest and feel comfortable and protected.
Three Layers Rules
Manufacturers of tourist wardrobe strive to pay maximum attention to the functionality of clothing. Each thing has its purpose, and their combination makes field uniforms one set of protection in any situation. Conventionally, clothes for the forest can be selected according to the rule of three layers:
- basic (body);
- insulating (insulation);
- external (protective).
We will analyze each of them separately.
The first layer is the base
Basic clothing has contact with the body, so it should be pleasant to the touch and appropriate to the season and terrain. In summer, it is a short-sleeved or long-sleeved T-shirt with a host of features. During hot weather, severe sweating is not ruled out, therefore, the thing adjacent to the body should absorb and remove moisture, and also dry quickly. For regions with a very hot climate, it is better to choose a t-shirt made of synthetics. Such a fabric does not allow ultraviolet light and you are less likely to teach a sunburn.
The second layer is insulation
Things with insulation are selected for hiking in the forest in autumn or winter. Unlike the first layer, the second should not create comfort, but retain heat. This is the so-called intermediate point between the external cold air and the warm human body. For comfortable movement, choose lightweight clothing. An ordinary sheepskin coat and sweatshirt will take your strength already halfway, although such things are very warm. The most common material is fleece. This is a universal composition for the fabric, lightweight, breathable, quickly removes moisture. In addition to fleece, fluff or special synthetic materials can be used.
The third layer is protective
Protection from natural manifestations is probably the most important thing in clothing for relaxing in the forest. Thermal underwear and insulation will be of little use if your top jacket gets wet from the rain or is sensitive to strong gusts of wind. A high-quality upper thing will keep the comfort created by the clothes underneath. On sale you will find a “third layer” of so-called membrane tissues. Their task is not to let moisture in, but to allow it to go out. Also, protective equipment must be tear and abrasion resistant.
Modern technology does not stand still and more and more companies offer tourists combined options in which one layer can perform two functions at once. For example, thermal underwear can not only fulfill its main task, but also serve as a heater.Thermal underwear can perform two functions at once
Depending on the weather, three layers can be combined with each other. Thus, you adapt to current conditions and feel comfortable. Combination schemes can be different:
- it’s hot and raining - put on the first and third layer;
- colder, but dry - we put on the first and second;
- cold, windy and rainfall - all layers together.
Listen to your condition and feelings. Based on this, add or remove layers of clothing.
Advantages and disadvantages of specialized equipment
If before, special clothes for hiking were no different than strength and convenience, but now a number of its advantages have expanded significantly. You can buy specialized equipment for hiking in the forest in specialized stores or for hunting and fishing. The advantages of such clothes include:
- a variety of models suitable for any weather, conditions, as well as different in design and color scheme;
- multifunctionality and availability of necessary details;
- an elastic lining that prevents wind blowing and rain falling under the hem;
- comfortable fit with reinforcement in places of rapid wear;
- in the main model range there are things of narrow purpose, dressing for specific situations (overalls, protective raincoats, raincoats, etc.).
The disadvantages are much smaller, but they are present. The first is a considerable price. Quality clothing for hiking is worth it, and not every average tourist can afford it. Not all things to survive in the forest are suitable for everyday wear, so if you are not going to go on tourism regularly, think about the appropriateness of such an acquisition.