Many anglers appreciate the excitement of fishing in different ways, but in general, they agree on one thing - a successful cut is the main condition for successful fishing. Actually, mastery of this technique speaks about the degree of professionalism of the fisherman. At the same time, you can learn to make a jerk in time at any age, the main thing here is understanding how the fish will behave with the bait.
For float fishing in closed reservoirs and rivers with a small current, the factor of quick reaction to a change in the position of the float increases significantly. If bite on fast water is already visible at the final stage, when the fish swallowed the bait, then on a quiet lake the reaction may have several options.
With the right gear, the float will show even the most careful touch of the fish to the bait. An incorrectly loaded tackle will not show that the fish became interested in the bait. And after the fish has already tried the bait, it can spit it out while the position of the float remains unchanged.
But with the correct settings for the behavior of the float, you can determine:
- That when the float staggered to the side, the fish became interested in the bait, and begins to play with it. The float remains in place. In this case, it is worth watching more closely and not rushing to hook.
- Small fluctuations in the float, he goes a little down and then rises sharply. This situation does not clearly indicate that the fish took the bait, most likely she spit it out, and it is worth taking a moment to hook it.
- If the float is flooded and continues to be in this position, you need to do the hooking immediately, most likely, the fish took the bait and froze, preparing to spit it out.
- When the float actively goes down or goes to the side, you need to hook it immediately - the fish definitely hooked on the hook.
- The situation when the float rises above the surface means that the fish with the bait is trying to go up, unloading in this case the float, which comes out of the water. Here you need to drag the fish without delay.
The hooking process itself should be as hard as possible. The fish that swallows the bait should be fixed on the hook as much as possible, and the fishing line should not weaken. Many make the mistake of making a short cut immediately after that they give slack for 1-2 seconds. This may be one of the reasons for the unsuccessful fight - the hook in this case does not have time to dig into the lips, and the fish manages to spit out the bait.